Thursday, April 3, 2014

Garden Expansion

So to increase our growing space I decided to try some container gardening. Kinda went overboard...

Built these handy platforms to keep the containers from getting flooded and when it downpours and to hopefully limit the amount of slugs and snails that can get to them.

 

German Green Tomato

 
Sweet Potato

 

 
Mums



First flowers grown from seed!

 
Long bean flower

 
Thai Basil

 
Cucumber

 
Spur of the moment trellis for Snow peas

 
Cat Grass - she hasn't noticed it yet

 
She prefers the carrots, mostly to sleep in :(

So turns out I have been hoarding seeds for a few years. Some were from the 2008 season... So, I am attempting to clean up my collection my testing most of the seeds in water overnight. A lot of them are dead.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment