Monday, January 6, 2014

Tomato Wrestling

The garden got a bit out of control over the holidays. I always plant my tomatoes too close together so I had to thin them out a bit. We build some quick trellises and added some more dirt/fertilizer. Also finished replacing the wood garden bed with stone, and wow, what a difference that made. The bugs are no joke in Hawaii. The wood we pulled up was as light as paper and folded just as easily.

Left to right: three heirloom tomatoes???, two basil plants, three or four cherry tomatoes, and two yellow pear tomatoes. Hope to add some green beans soon.

The stone just looks so much better, I don't know why we didn't do this in the first place. I will be filling the holes in the cinder blocks and planting small flowers to bring the bees back. My tiny yard feels huge now that the tomatoes aren't creeping halfway across the yard. Traded our reel mower for a electric weed eater. First time cutting the grass and it did the job a lot faster and better. This yard is just too small for any mower.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment