Saturday, September 1, 2012

Curb Alert!

So I finally managed to wake up early on a weekend and what do my eyes see just across the street? A dresser, mirror and queen head board all free for the taking! I've been looking for something like this for a couple of months but have been hesitant to put any real money into it so this was beyond perfect! I didn't even have to do any of the heavy lifting seeing as we have family visiting.

Here is the dresser. The plan is to turn it into a hutch for the kitchen. We plan to take out the bottom set of drawers and put cabinet doors on (to hold all of our canning jars) and build a custom hutch to be attached to the top to hold our cook books and some small kitchen appliances. The whole thing will be painted a nice white with new hardware.

I plan to also paint the mirror white and hang it in the entryway above our soon to be made entryway bench


and the headboard will be touched up and then painted a shiny black and go into the spare bedroom.


I also scored three 8x10 picture frames for 2$ each at a yard sale - good thing I woke up early this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment