Saturday, December 15, 2012

Steel Cut Oats and Scones

So I've been wanting to try some different kinds of oatmeal. I bought a small container of the steel cut oats and was totally surprised at what they look like. I've only ever bought the instant oatmeal. 




So of course I started making this when I was already starving; not realizing that it would take at lest half an hour. Turns out it took more like 45 minutes because I didn't want to scorch the milk. 


It tasted great - chewy with a nutty flavor. Bit too much milk so it ended up more like oatmeal cereal


Added a banana and some local honey. Steel cut oats are the way to go. Just have to make sure to plan ahead.
 

Light and Tender Cream Scones - well that's what the recipe called them. For me they were more like sweet heavy biscuits. Still good, just not what I was going for.






All doctored up with a bit of butter and honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment