Friday, November 23, 2012

Solo Thanksgiving

So this year I had to celebrate the holiday by myself (boo), and I was just going to make some "Best Ramen Ever" but decided since I wasn't doing a heck of a lot I might as well make a mini feast to feed me for the next week or so. Tried out some new recipes and the results were better than expected. 

Spiced pecans - I doubled the recommended amount of spices and it turned out good, the heat really builds up after a few.


Couscous Tabbouleh - light, cool, and lemony

homemade pie crust - had a hell of a time keeping it from puffing up while I baked it. Ended up using some parchment paper and glass beads to hold it down. I didn't have any dry beans laying around.

Sour Cream Lemon Pie - fun to make but I had to whisk constantly for about ten minutes.

Sweet potato pie from scratch - I baked the taters in the oven and forgot to take a picture. I couldn't help myself from eating some as I pealed them - sooo good.

Turned out so pretty 

Growing up I hated, and I mean HATED, stuffing. Last year we decided to give it a whirl and were so amazed by the results. This year I changed it up a bit by using dried cranberries, pears, and pecans to the usual onions, celery, and spices.

cubed up some homemade bread and toasted it in the oven

mixed it together with some eggs and baked

This picture doesn't really do it justice, but it turned out great!

Boneless turkey breast with dark meat sitting in some chicken broth, and marinated/injected with Italian salad dressing.

cooked - I think by broiling it for a couple of minutes at the end it turned a nice color but I may have caused it to dry out a bit. Still good, but not up to Paul's standards.

Rolls - maybe made a bit too many. Note to self: cut the recipe in half (maybe quarters) 

So good - could have used a couple more minutes but I don't mind.

Spicy deviled eggs

Dinner

Dessert

Glad I decided to take the plunge and made an amazing Thanksgiving Mini Feast. Hope to never have to celebrate alone again but if the time comes I think I'll nail it again. Hope everyone had a Thanksgiving at least as good as mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment