Friday, November 23, 2012

Beets

So I love beets. I know, kinda weird, but they taste so good to me. While purging the garden the other day I pulled all the beets. Lesson learned: planting them way to close together means they didn't get very big. The leaves got big and tasted amazing.
just pulled from the garden 

only one was a decent size (and that's stretching it)

Leaves all cleaned up and soaking 

Didn't have time to take cooking pictures but what I did was roast the beets in the oven for a little over an hour and then peel and cut up. Then I cooked the beet greens by sauteing up some onions and garlic and tossing them in. Added some salt and pepper and let them wilt down. I then tossed the beets with some balsamic vinegar and put it on a plate. Went perfect with a glass of Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment